We have several things that we are asking your help in:
1) We still are in need of volunteers on Swingfry to help during the 2-5 shift in the kitchen and the dining room especially. If you, a family member, or someone you know can help with this, please have them sign up under the Swingfry Volunteer tab on the page, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll get you in touch with the right people.
2) For all Starlights and Lyric Lights Parents: Our girls have new concert choir gowns this year…they are absolutely gorgeous, but have some work that needs done. If you or someone you know can help, please let us know. First note: DO NOT CUT OR RIP ANY FABRIC. We have to use these dresses from year to year. Many of these dresses need some alterations done…mostly hemming.
- The hem, not matter how much needs to be hemmed, can be no longer than an inch wide (so if you have a lot to hem, it must be rolled up)
- All alterations must be hand-sewn, not done by a machine. This is so we can let things out in following years for other girls.
- The bust and sides/stomach do not have to fit perfectly. In fact, they probably won’t. If there is a huge issue, try adjusting the strap. Just pin it at the right length and it should be okay. If not, basting is okay. Just remember DO NOT CUT OR RIP ANY FABRIC.
- If you or someone you know can’t do this at home, we have one seamstress that will do this for $20. She can do up to 23 dresses…so the first 23 dresses that come with an envelope with payment by Friday will have their dresses done by Swingfry.
- Affairs to Remember is also willing to help hem for $10. You would have to make an appointment with them on and individual basis, and they won’t be able to do all the dresses we have. That will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Dresses do not need to be altered by pictures on Thursday (we can make due until then)…however, they really need to be done by Swingfry.
- Remember, don’t rip or cut any fabric 🙂
3) Pictures are THIS THURSDAY (CL, SL, NL, LL) AND FRIDAY (RAD, VL, LW, NLO). Information went home today and will go home tomorrow for the gold day classes. There are order forms in the choir room. Make checks payable to McDonald’s Studio and turned in with the order forms directly to the photographer. If your child is in multiple ensembles and wants pictures, they are asking for a separate order form and separate check for each group.
Thanks again for all of your help…we couldn’t do it without you!
PS – As of the School Board meeting today, the trip to the FAME national competition in Chicago has been approved! This is for Starlights, Northern Lights, Lyric Lights, Light Works, and NLO. I will post more details about payment and another fundraising opportunity by the end of the week. Thank you!