In light of school being cancelled tomorrow due to cold temperatures, the Northern Lights rehearsal has been moved to 2-5pm. Starlights has been cancelled. Please work diligently on music and choreo at home.  NLO has also been cancelled, and Mr. Davis will be sending info to the band about what he would like for them to do at home.  Info will be on the band section of the Student Files and also on their Facebook Page.

We will be keeping a constant eye on the weather and will let you know if the NL rehearsal ends up getting cancelled as well.

If your student needs a ride, please see if they can make arrangements with someone in the group.

We want to be very clear that your students’ safety is our top priority. If you feel that the roads are too bad for your student to travel, please send an email to and let us know. We would certainly understand.

Unfortunately, this is one of the things that come with participating in a winter sport (especially in Northern Indiana!!). Please know we did not make this decision lightly. Because NL has two Johnson rehearsals next week, and because they don’t meet during the school day, we didn’t feel we could cancel the rehearsal completely. But again, know that the safety of our students does take precedence.

If you have any questions, please email We would be happy to address them.

Thanks for everything you do for your kids and our students. We really appreciate it!

Kyle and Catherine


PS – For those students in one of the 3 barbershop quartets for Solo and Ensemble from Varsity Lights or the trio from Radiance – your recordings will be on your page of the Student Files tonight.  Please go over your part tomorrow.  We will be rehearsing together again on Friday.  Thank you!