Below is a schedule for Friday, Feb. 20. There is a LOT to do! If you’re a choir student, alumni, or parent who is wishing to help out, please feel free to drop by the school tomorrow anytime after 2pm and help us prepare for the 21 choirs/11 schools that will be arriving Saturday!
Schedule for Friday Set-Up and Rehearsal (Sound Check)
- Students may enter Door #16 at 2:00 P.M.
- Students may begin decorating homerooms @ 2:00. Do NOT begin decorating until you have an inventory, picture and diagram of room set-up. Also, anyone looking for something to do may show up to start cleaning and/or preparing the school for the day on Saturday anytime after 2pm.
- As soon as decorating is complete or for students/parents who need something to do, check with Mrs. Laughlin or in the Choir Office for a job. There are many other things that need setting up around the school.
- If you are not working to prepare for the Invitational, go home. Only people working to prepare for the Invitational are welcome! 🙂
- ALL Homeroom Decorating must be complete by 6:30 P.M.
- 6:30 – Northern Lights, Starlights, NLO & Light Works Crew meet in Choir Room completely costumed (No hair or make-up necessary). Closer costumes should be placed on appropriate costume rack for show.
- approx. 7:00 – Fairfield arrives to unload equipment. (need a couple parents around to open band garage door and to show them their homerooms.)
- 7:15 – Starlight performs competition show. Followed by notes from Mrs. Wiehe and Ms. Donahue.
- 8:00 – Northern Lights performs competition show. Followed by notes from Mrs. Wiehe and Ms. Donahue.
- 8:45 – Mr. Boren will rehearse Awards with students on stage.
- 9:30 – All costumes on costume racks. Take upstairs to NHS homerooms
- Clean-up everything so that the building is completely ready for Saturday morning.
- 10:00 – Everyone goes home for a good night’s sleep, only if all of the above is complete.
- No one arrives before 5:00 A.M.